Child Abduction in the US is very real. Some statistics show that more than 260,000 children have been abducted over the last ten years in the US alone. Many of these could have been prevented, which is why United Studios of Self Defense is doing its part to help.
Abduction Prevention Tips:
- A majority of kidnappers usually target children that they already know very well. Be careful of the information you put online on Facebook, Instagram, Skype and other social media outlets. Your real address, phone numbers and emails should not be shown.
- In most cases an abduction usually has to do with lack of communication between the child and the parents. Remind your children not to take rides from strangers, and suspicious unexpected offers while on the street, even by those who claim to know your family.
- Remind your kids to scream and attract attention from others if an episode occurs. Also, teach them to dial 911 and have their address and phone number memorized in case of an emergency.
- Remind your kids not to show jewelry or expensive gadgets while walking around. Also, show them different ways to go home and back, and remind them to follow different routs on random days in order to avoid a routine.
- Make sure your kids do not go out by themselves. Going out with a friend makes it harder for a potential kidnapper to attack.
- Personal and private information should not be kept in your phone or tablet. This should be kept somewhere else. For example, your home phone number should not be labeled: “home”. Things like these can make it a lot harder for someone to take your information easily.
- Have your kids take a class once a year that talks about these issues, and that may teach self-defense techniques. Remember that the majority of these happen to girls, 75% more than males. Local police departments would have information on these classes. You can also contact our studio for FREE Self Defense classes offered to the community regularly.
- Have updated information of your child safe at home. This kind of information is invaluable to law enforcement because it allows them to track your child in a much more effective way.
To contact us for this event call 714-964-7799 or visit us on the web at ussdfountainvalley.com